Dye Sublimation offers full-color, edge-to-edge designs. We print, cut and sew each shirt in-house for awesome results.
Dye Sublimation is the next level in custom shirts and Design Odyssey does it best. Some of the benefits of this cutting-edge process include:
- A permanent graphic imprint that will never crack or fade.
- Dye does not build up on the garment. Fabric remains breathable and comfortable.
- Unlimited colors. Graphics are sharp and eye-catching.
- Truly continuous tones that are equivalent to photographs.
- Full coverage graphics from edge to edge. Our cut & sew team constructs each garment after printing to achieve this result.
- Works great with performance dry-fit fabrics.
- Custom names/numbers are achievable with minimal setup.
More about Design Odyssey's Dye Sublimation
Dye Sublimation Process
The dye sub industry is growing in popularity each year. There are advantages to this process and many customers want to know more. Here’s a quick walk-through of how it works…
1. Design: Just like all our processes, it begins in the computer. The difference with dye sublimated apparel is the graphics are fitted to each piece of the pattern. Every sleeve, collar, pocket and bodice gets imprinted with anything you can imagine. This is FULL coverage, FULL color, LIMITLESS design options. Individual names and numbers can be added with a few keyboard clicks.
2. Print: Once our design is set, each shirt gets printed at full size on a large format digital printer. Our printer uses formulated sublimation inks which are jetted onto specially coated paper.
3. Heat: The imprinted rolls of paper are unwound and fed into a rotary heat press. At the same time, rolls of fabric are unwound and joined with the paper as it feeds through. As the paper and fabric are pressurized and heated together, the dye-sub ink transfers from solid state to gas (bypassing the liquid state, this is the scientific meaning of “sublimation”). The gas dyes the design into the fabric. The dye is permanent and will not fade. There is no ink buildup so the fabric maintains its original texture and breath-ability.
4. Cut: Our shirts contain anywhere from 2-6 pieces each. They are cut by hand in our shop. Each piece is labeled and organized for sewing.
5. Sew: The last step is an entire process unto itself. Our sewing team has years of experience in the apparel industry. Each shirt goes through multiple steps and sewing machines before completion. They are then custom tagged, folded and bagged.
We’re excited to offer dye sublimated shirts and apparel to our customers. These garments are great for designs that incorporate multiple logos or individual names. They’re also the perfect way to capture designs that are bold, detailed and colorful. The fabrics we use are moisture-wicking and UV protected. Our handcrafted quality is second to none and all made in South Africa. We offer low minimums and quick turnaround on every product. Dye Sublimation can set you apart with a cutting-edge look. Contact us today!
Our standard T-shirt with traditional fit. Great for athletic jerseys or everyday wear.
- 2 collar options:
- Round Neck
- Short sleeves
Look professional while you support your team or business! Great for trade shows, Friday Wear, Fishing Apparel and team management.
- Full collar
- 1 button with inner placket
- Short or Long sleeves
Chinese Zip Panel Polo
This is an amazing high-quality sport shirt. It stays looking crisp and vibrant no matter what you throw at it. Great for Fishing Apparel.
- collar options:
- Chinese Collar
- Exposed zipper
- Short sleeves, Long Sleeves
- 2 collar options:
2 Fabric options:
TRILOBAL Composition: 100% Polyester Finish: Knitted Yarn: Spun Shrinkage Max: 3% Colour Fastness: Excellent Width: 150cm Weight: 120gms Customs rebate code: N/A Care Labelling:Cold water washCool iron onlyDry cleanableDo not bleachDo not soak
BIRDSEYE / HONEYCOMB Composition: 100% Polyester Finish: Moisture management Yarn: Polyester Shrinkage Max: 3% Colour Fastness: good Width: 150cm Weight: 140gm Customs rebate code: N/A Care Labelling:Cold water washCool iron onlyNot dry cleanableDo not bleachDo not soak
We have a wide variety of Polyester materials available for each application. Contact Us if you need help with deciding which one suits your application best.